A copy of Steven Lapere’s PAIA manual can be requested at his practice, 14 Palmyra Road Claremont Cape Town, if required.
1. Personal Information Collected
When making an online enquiry using one of our website forms, we will collect your contact information which includes your name, email address and contact number.
Information about the device used to access our website (such as the make, browser and IP address) as well as user behaviour on how you use our website.
2. How We Use and Share Your Personal Information? We will not sell, rent or disclose your personal information to any third party other than for the reasons set out below:
To our employees and/or third-party service providers who are involved in the management of the site.
To law enforcement, government officials, fraud detection agencies or other third parties when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to comply with the law or any legal processes, prevent fraud, abuse or misuse of our website and to prevent financial loss.
Our website uses third party services such as Google Analytics. These third-party services do not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and web page usage.
3. Your Rights. You have the following rights under data protection legislation in relation to the personal information we collect about you:
The right to access a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
The right to correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
The right to restrict our use of your personal information.
The right to be forgotten.
The right of data portability.
The right to object to our use of your personal information.
Should you wish to receive a copy of the information we hold about you or if you would like to update your details or remove your details, please send us an email using the contact form on the website.
4. How Long We Use Personal Data For? We will not keep your personal data for longer than is necessary. This time frame varies depending on what the personal information was collected for.
5. How We Protect Personal Information? The following are some of the measures we have in place for protecting your personal information:
We make use of firewalls, user verification and data encryption.
We only authorise access to trusted employees who need the information to fulfil their job function.
We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Information that is transmitted is protected by encrypting it.
6. Links. We may provide links to other websites and/or social media pages. Please note we are not responsible for the privacy policies of third-party websites and advise you to review the privacy practises for the websites you visit.
Helps makes the website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
Helps us to identify repeat visitors and facilitate the visitors on-going access to the website.
Helps us to understand how visitors interact with our website by collecting and reporting data such as domain, IP address, browser used, date and time of visit, pages you visit.
Sends data to Google Analytics about the visitor’s device and behaviour.
Cookies from Google assists us in displaying targeted advertising based on what is considered most relevant depending on what websites you have previously visited.